Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Patriotic Cheater, A Boston Predator

For a year now the sports world has been talking about the investigation of the biggest cheaters in the NFL. I know that the majority of American football fans can agree with me in saying that I am sick and tired of hearing about the case. Let it go Arlen. You cannot tell me that you have nothing else better to do than to annoy America with this case. We know the Patriots cheated, they paid for what they did. All of the Patriots' wins will be in question for the rest of time. But the thing that makes me the most annoyed is the the amount of attention Walsh received. He played his part in the cheating, but I could not help to get the feeling that he was just trying to get more and more attention and the media gave it to him. Hey Walsh go back to golf or whatever it is you do and leave the sports world alone, we are all tired of you.

Manny Ramirez could possibly be one of my favorite MLB players of all time. Not only is he one of the best hitters my generation has ever seen, but his interviews always leave me scratching my head and wondering what he means. A week or two ago I was watching Boston Redsox highlights on ESPN, and I was left speechless. It showed Manny make an over the shoulder catch, then jump up onto the wall, gave a fan a high five and threw the ball to second base to complete the inning ending double play. I was left in pure awe and all I could think was, only Manny. Recently he has joined the 500 home run club. Yes, he has been in the league for 15 years, and most peoples' careers start going downhill as they get older, but not Manny. He seems to be getting better leaving most MLB fans impressed. Manny will keep bringing joy to MLB fans on and off the field for many more years to come.

1 comment:

raebone said...

i totally agree that new england cheating is getting to much attention. its done and over with get over it you can't do anything about it now. they got a punishment even though i don't think it was too big of a punishment, it was still one though. manny is amazing! i deffintely think that he is getting better! and i wouldn't mind cleveland getting him back even though hes a creaper! still help cleveland do a little better.