Thursday, June 12, 2008

Grab your rocking chair cause your retired, A dead battery, Crispy Brawl

Two of the best linemen I have had the honor of watching play several times, are retiring from the NFL. Jonathan Ogden, arguably one of the best left tackles in the game is the first to retire. I strongly believe that to have a good offense one must have a good tackle. I believe this is the most important position on offense. With a tackle you have a side to run to and for the QB to roll out to. He has been a very reliable player over the years and hasn't had an injury ravaged career. He was on the 2001 Super Bowl XXXV championship Ravens team. The offensive success the Ravens enjoyed that year and the years after would not have been possible without this incredible lineman. Farewell Ogden

The other lineman to retire is Micheal Strahan. The most exciting defensive lineman in the NFL. He has a likable personality on and off the field. He is leaving the league at the perfect time with a super bowl in his back pocket, all possible goals he could reach have been accomplished I mean he does have the single season sack record with 22.5 in which he set in 2001. I believe we will be seeing a lot more of him because he is great with interviews and is good with people in general. Look forward to seeing Strahan as a newscaster in the future.


Indiana Hoosier former basketball coach Kelvin Sampson is looking at 5 infractions and 100 illegal phone calls to his players that he will have to meet with the NCAA committee about. This is probably one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen at the college level. Is it just me or is it weird that a fully grown man uses his cell phone more than a junior high school girl? There is a difference between being a good coach and being concerned to the point to where you are hurting your team. The best part of this story is that he kept texting the players after he was fired from the coaching job! But I do not feel bad for this man, who I feel bad for is the players he recruited at Indiana. I couldn't imagine getting drafted by a coach I really liked and seeing him get fired during the season. I'm sure none of them would have put any thought into going to Indiana if they knew their coach would get fired for being a creep. Absolutely terrible. I got an idea for you Kelvin put down the phone and do your job. Which your aren't obviously doing if you need to make 100 too many phone calls to your players.

Have any of you seen the bench clearing fight between Coco Crisp and James Shields after Shields had just hit Crisp with a pitch. (If you haven't seen it I posted it below this post.) Did anyone find it as enjoyable as I did? As an Indians fan I loved seeing Coco get rocked and continue to take blows from his back. He is a traitor to me and I do not see how he had the right to charge the mound. He purposely tried to slide into a second baseman cleats first in an attempt to hurt him a day earlier. Coco you had it coming to you and maybe next time you will think twice before you storm the mound again. I mean you are only 6'0 foot 180 lbs. I can guarantee you will get folded like an envelop every time.


No comments: